Player

Listen or Download:

Thursday, April 27, 2006

BC podcast - Baba's Beach

Amazing what you stumble onto in cyberspace sometimes.

Last night I came across this podcast by a columnist for a local newpaper in Esquimalt, near Victoria on Vancouver Island. Items 1-8 are about the "baba" after whom a local beach on the island is affectionately known.

A rare glimpse into the Ukrainian contribution to the history of Vancouver Island. Well worth a listen.

I listened to the first (2.5 min or so) and snippets of a few others. I'd like to hear them all, so am going to download it onto my mp3 player. What a great excuse to get off my duff and start those daily walks again so I can listen while getting my exercise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess there's nothing for it -- I'm going to have to figure out how to become one of those "pod" people. Sounds interesting. Aussiegirl

Featured Post

Giving Tuesday - Worthy Ukrainian (and other) causes to support

After the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday subsides, along comes Giving Tuesday. Also known as the Global Day of Giving, or in Uk...