Player

Listen or Download:

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thanks, ChickChat!

Back in March of last year, I got wind of a brand new upcoming radio program in Washington, DC, and posted about it here.

Yes, I realize it's on the other side of the continent and the border, and that it's not a Ukrainian program. But still, in its own right it is counter-cultural, sort of like Nash Holos but in a more mainstream, American way. And since this is a blog about radio, I figured it merited a mention.

Anyway, it's called ChickChat, and it's talk radio for women. What a novel concept! The hosts, Lara and Heidi, have been featured on Fox News, and get some pretty impressive guests on their show. Probably because, just like us Ukie producers, they believe in having fun doing radio ... unlike some of the jaded jocks cluttering the airwaves.

I just noticed that last January they kindly acknowledged my post on their blog. Being May already, it's a tad late, but I'll say "thanks" anyway! It's always exciting to get a link, and especially from such an illustrious source!

Now I don't imagine they play or talk about Ukrainian music on their program much ... or at all, for that matter. But, because they've been so kind here in the blogosphere I've added them to our blogroll. Who knows, maybe someday they'll play a song by Ruslana or the Telnyuk Sisters and maybe chat with Yulia next time she's in Washington.

But in the meantime, check out their website and experience talk radio by chicks! Click on the "Listen to ChickChat" page to hear a demo or an archived program, or subscribe to their podcast.

And make sure to go to their "fun stuff" page and check out the video clips at the bottom. Being female, I found the last one in particular hysterical!

2 comments:

Vasyl Pawlowsky said...

Pawlina,

When it comes to having fun on radio that is what it is all about. I am looking forward to getting our website up and operational, but most particularly our radio and TV segments.

My business partner and I are also looking forward to meeting you when we are in your neck of the woods... I think we will have some fun on your program.

Pawlina said...

Hi Vasyl,

Yes, I'm looking forward to all that as well ... definitely more fun ahead for all involved!

Щасливої Дороги!

Featured Post

Giving Tuesday - Worthy Ukrainian (and other) causes to support

After the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday subsides, along comes Giving Tuesday. Also known as the Global Day of Giving, or in Uk...