Player

Listen or Download:

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Toronto Ukrainian Festival

Well, I'm back from Ontario, where I spent five incredible days at the Brantford Writer's Book Camp. It was organized by my wonderful writing mentor, Marsha Skrypuch, the awesome editor of Kobzar's Children. One of my fellow book campers was Natalia Buchok, who also contributed to the anthology.

The timing was little off, tho, as I would have loved to take in the Toronto Ukrainian Festival. Alas, on Labour Day weekend I will be here in Lotusland ... which isn't exactly a bad thing; however, there won't be any Ukrainian festivals happening here.

So, if you're in the area, make sure to check it out. It's the previous Bloor Village West festival, now relocated to the Toronto waterfront, and organized by the same folk so it's bound to be a blast.

Think of me as you're chowing down a plate of varenyky or taking in a stage show!

No comments:

Featured Post

Giving Tuesday - Worthy Ukrainian (and other) causes to support

After the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday subsides, along comes Giving Tuesday. Also known as the Global Day of Giving, or in Uk...