Player

Listen or Download:

Monday, April 06, 2009

Ukrainians improve on Katy Perry

I got quite the chuckle out of this blog post ... not to mention the video.

I have to admit I'd never heard of Katie Perry before this. After seeing her video of the song Hot 'n Cold I can say it was a blessing. (Not having heard of her, that is.)

I'd have to agree with blogger Molly Bergen, who in her blog post "Midnight Movie: How Do You Improve Katy Perry? Cover Her With Polka!" figures that the Ukrainian ensemble Los Colorados has improved on it considerably.

Of course, I wouldn't exactly describe what they do in this video as "polka" (I suspect Molly is not exactly an afficionado of the genre) ... but I do agree that the folk instruments as well as the Ukrainian accent add a very distinctive charm. And from what I could tell, the group's front man speaks with a real Ukrainian accent, i.e., not a Russian-Ukrainian one. (If I weren't happily married, I'd be in love!)

Anyway, watch it and see what you think!

No comments:

Featured Post

Giving Tuesday - Worthy Ukrainian (and other) causes to support

After the excitement of Black Friday and Cyber Monday subsides, along comes Giving Tuesday. Also known as the Global Day of Giving, or in Uk...